Michael J. Williamson is a partner at Plauché, Smith & Nieset, LLC. Williamson has been practicing with the firm since August 2007, and has devoted his entire practice to litigation. His principal areas of practice include litigation involving premises liability, construction defect, mass tort, automobile liability, workers’ compensation and governmental liability. Williamson has successfully tried numerous jury and bench trials in both state and federal court. In addition to his trial experience, Williamson has extensive experience with complex discovery issues and motion practice. Williamson was selected as a 2015 Rising Star in the area of Civil Litigation: Defense.
Paul M. Hebert Law School, Louisiana State University, J.D./B.C.L., 2006
Louisiana State University, B.A., Political Science, 2002
Louisiana State, Appellate and Federal Courts
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2007
Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
- Representing local governmental entity in mass tort filed on behalf of numerous oyster fishermen seeking economic damages following sewerage leak
- Obtained eighteen involuntary dismissals with prejudice on behalf of local governmental entity in suits filed on behalf of oyster fishermen seeking economic damages following sewerage leak
- Represented local governmental entity in favorable resolution of 3,000 member class action arising from allegations of drinking water contaminated with total coliform
- Obtained zero verdict in a bench trial for national insurer in premises liability case involving a local apartment complex
- Obtained zero verdict in federal court jury trial for national grocery chain in a premises liability action
- Defended several national insurers in litigation pending in the Western District of Louisiana and 14th Judicial District Court involving hundreds of claims for property damage following Hurricane Rita
- Obtained zero verdict in state court jury trial for regional grocery chain in a premises liability action
To contact Michael, you can complete the form on our CONTACT US page.